- This event has passed.
2016 Holiday Bazaar
December 4, 2016 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Sunday, December 4th, 10:00 – 3:00
Looking for unique, one-of-a-kind holiday gifts while supporting local artisans and a good cause?
Visit the 6th annual Aldo Leopold Nature Center’s Holiday Bazaar!
FREE Admission, FREE Parking!
This year’s bazaar features over 30 local, sustainable artists and vendors in a festive, holiday atmosphere.
Warm up in front of a roaring fire while sipping on a complimentary cup of “True Coffee” or hot chocolate and enjoy your shopping experience in a beautiful, natural setting.
PERFECT FOR HOLIDAY GIFTS!
Take home fresh, holiday baked goods and treats from local bakeries and farms including organic fruit toppings, heirloom popcorn, giant hand-pulled candy canes, chocolates, apple butter, homemade Norwegian lefse & rosettes, specialty honeys and squeaky cheese curds to name a few!
Peruse and sample delicious food from local sustainable businesses including Wheatfield Hill Organics (as featured on WPT’s Around the Farm Table), LaVon’s Lefse, Kettle Korn by Matty, Roots Chocolates, Chef K Clark Pickles & Preserves and Echo Valley Farms.
Purchase products from local artisans such as hand made soaps, jewelry, nature photography, art, hand woven scarves, felted wool mittens, up cycled clothes, wooden creations, honey lotion, alpaca wear and so much more for all the people on your holiday lists!
Be sure to stop by the Aldo Leopold Nature Center’s Gift Shop for a host of educational and nature-inspired gifts – Science kits, Leopold benches, guides & journals, jewelry, naked bee organic lotions & sunscreen, hand-crafted walking sticks, wooden puzzles and more! Holiday gift bags ready to go – makes your shopping easier than ever…all for a great cause!
All vendors have donated an item for our silent auction with all funds raised going to support children’s programming at ALNC! Come, bid on these generously-donated items and enjoy the day while getting some great deals!
Interested in being a vendor? Contact email@example.com
- Anthony Acres: Alpaca wool and sheep wool products – socks, scarves, etc., polished rocks
- Asha’s Homemade Candles: Hand poured all natural soy wax candles
- Barb Knutson’s Designs” Hand knit critters and characters
- Brookhyser Creations: Huge pinecones on birch stands & in baskets, grapevine wreaths and garlands, birch log candle holders
- Chef K Clark Pickles & Preserves : Unique pickles and preserves including our signature beer jelly!
- Echo Valley Farm: Delicious homemade Apple butter, herbal teas & salves, felted crafts
- FarmerJohns: Cheese curds & cheese boards
- Ferreira Egg Art: Egg art – ornaments and sculpture
- Folk Art by Bernie Hartwig: Hand painted Christmas figures on recycled, antique wood pieces
- Jennifer Falkowski’s Designs: Indigo died accessories and clothing
- Joules of Nature: Premium handmade olive oil soaps and scrubs
- Kettle Korn by Matty: Popped fresh bags of Kettle Korn
- Ladyhawke Designs: Kaleidoscopic greeting cards & art made from photos from nature.
- Lauren Ann Paul: Items for kids and adults alike. Handmade heirloom dolls, headbands featuring original patterns, bracelets, felt balls, etc.
- LaVon’s Lefse: Delicious, authentic homemade Norwegian Lefse
- Mad Urban Bees: Urban honey, gift packs, honey sticks
- Norwex-Natural Cleaning Supplies: Their mission is to get chemicals out of your homes to improve health and the environment
- Re Ewes It Creations: Felted wool sweater mittens & glittens, cat nip mice, felted wool soap
- Re-Creations by Dawn: Hand painted canvases, small wood pallets, accessories and upcycled items, i.e., wood cigar boxes that have been deconstructed and used to paint on
- Restrung Melodies: Repurposed music-themed jewelry featuring repurposed musical instruments and accessories
- Roots Chocolates: Farm-crafted, award winning chocolates and confections
- RosyMade Designs: Wisconsin themed screen printed onesies, t-shirts, tote bags
- Rubylou Knits: Knit i-cord necklaces & other knit items
- Rulseh Recycled Buckthorn: Novelties made from buck thorn – an invasive species
- Shawn Olmstead’s Frames: Elegant and rustic picture frames made from sustainably harvested local woods
- Slide Food Cart: Homemade, delicious, potato chips!
- Terri Hubbard’s Upcycled Art: Yarn ball wreaths, Up-cycled gift wrap options, rosette magnets
- The Happy Kitty : Cat nip cat toys, dog pull toys, cat accessories and herbal sachets, insert pads for pet carriers
- Wheatfield Hill Organics : Farmstead crafted, certified organic toffee, Blueberry & Raspberry topping, popcorn, dried raspberry leaves, tea, 100% eco-friendly packaging
- Wild Alphabet: Photographic art – images of nature shaped like letters of the alphabet, taken by photographers Jann Kalscheur and Lynne Diebel
- Wildflower Fiber Art: Hand woven scarves, cowls, jackets, vests, hats, etc., using natural fibers
- Usbourne Books & More: Children’s Books