- This event has passed.
Maple Syrup Fest
March 29, 2015 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm| Members: $7/person or $25/family; Non-members: $8/person or $29/family; Kids 3 and under: Free
Today’s Maple Syrup Fest is being held rain or shine, with plenty of indoor activities to enjoy before or after visiting the sugar bush, campfire and shack! See you soon!
Celebrate the spring with Maple Syrup Fest—a family-style festival at the Aldo Leopold Nature Center.
Maple Syrup Fest will feature stations set throughout the nature center grounds to lead visitors, at their own pace, through the history and science of maple syruping and related activities. Visitors will see demonstrations of various methods by which Native Americans, pioneers, and people today tap trees for the production of maple syrup and sugar. We also have maple syrup and maple candies for sale in our Gift Shop…it’s a sweet way to support ALNC and start the spring season off right!
- Tap and Taste real Maple Tree Sap!
- Test your “Nature Smarts” with Maple Syrup Trivia!
- Increase your Knowledge of Trees with “Build-A-Tree” Game!
- Learn from a Real “Tapper” how Maple Syrup is made Today and the Old-Fashioned Way!
- Tour the Rustic Children’s Shack!
- Take part in Cooking Demonstrations with Early Pioneer Settlers!
- Enjoy Ice Cream Sundaes topped with Pure Maple Syrup!
Proceeds to benefit the Nature Center’s children’s programs. Advance registration is recommended. Pre-registration preferred but walk-ins are welcome!
Note: our Climate Science Exhibits will be open from 10 am to noon on Sunday, March 29th, to accommodate set-up for Maple Syrup Fest.
ALNC members: $7/person or $25/family
Non-members: $8/person or $29/family
Thank you to our 2015 Maple Syrup Fest Event Partners!