Are you a State Employee? Do you think environmental education is a worthwhile investment? We do too!!
Now, investing in environmental education is easier than ever. If you are an employee of the state of Wisconsin, you can support your favorite environmental education organizations through the 2013 State Employees Combined Campaign (SECC). The campaign allows state employees to give to participating charities of their choice through a direct payroll deduction, cash, check, or credit card. The Wisconsin Environmental Education Foundation is one of twelve umbrella groups in the campaign, and all of its members provide environmental education opportunities throughout Wisconsin (members include: the Aldo Leopold Nature Center, Natural Resources Foundation of Wisconsin, Midwest Renewable Energy Association, Wisconsin Association for Environmental Education, Wisconsin Land and Water Conservation Association, and Wisconsin Wildlife Federation).
Please consider giving to the Aldo Leopold Nature Center via the Wisconsin Environmental Education Foundation umbrella of the State Employees Combined Campaign. The SECC, and workplace giving in general, is one of the most effective and efficient fund-raising tools for non-profits. The campaign has extremely low overhead costs so virtually every penny of your donation goes directly to the charity of your choice—saving them the usual expense of direct mailings and other enrollment techniques.
When you invest in the Aldo Leopold Nature Center your dollars will:
- $ 10/month can send a preschool child to a Wonder Bugs nature session
- $ 26/ year allows a low-income child to enjoy an engaging after-school program in our outdoor learning lab
- $ 5/month covers a one day summer camp for a child
- $ 10/month covers the cost for a class of at-risk students to spend an afternoon connecting with nature
- $ 20/month provides an overnight camping experience for a group of deserving kids
- $ 50 supports a week of after-school Nature Nuts classes for low-income elementary students
- $1,000 provides a week’s worth of outdoor environmental education programs to a school group
For ALNC members, the campaign is an easy and meaningful way to invest in environmental education and your local nature center. Thank you for your support of the ALNC and the State Employees Combined Campaign!