We love visitors at ALNC and encourage visitors to take casual photographs for their own personal use. We also welcome novice and professional photographers to showcase local nature through photography. But, if you are coming to ALNC for the sole purpose of taking posed photos of people, you need a photo permit so we can coordinate with our staff, programs, and visitors to provide you with a positive photography experience.
This includes wedding, family, engagement, graduation, prom, senior photos, or the like. Wedding ceremonies, receptions, or other special occasions scheduled at ALNC are welcome to take their photographs during their rental time at no additional fee.
Click here to download the photo permit application or call 608-221-0404 x 0 with questions. Please note, photography permit fees go towards maintaining ALNC’s facility & grounds.
General Photography Guidelines
Adherence to these guidelines is required. Pre-approval is required for all posed photography at the Aldo Leopold Nature Center and on ALNC grounds. *Failure to comply with the General Photography Guidelines will result in the loss of user privileges.
- Call ahead to schedule at least one week in advance to ensure availability. In the event of rain, you may reschedule your session however there are no refunds for photo permits.
- To maintain integrity of habitats, please remain on the trails at all times.
- Photography at ALNC cannot be used to imply endorsement by ALNC.
- Photo permits are valid for a two-hour period of time.
- Abide by ALNC Personal Conduct Policy