PROGRAM UPDATE: Fall registration now open!
WELCOME TO NATURE SCHOOL
With MMSD’s recent decision to offer a virtual option for elementary students, ALNC will once again offer Nature School this fall. The program will run daily from 1-4pm, Monday-Friday from Sept. 20 – Dec. 17, 2021. There will be no Nature School on MMSD and MGSD No School Days for the fall/winter semester. Vacation day programs are offered on these days off of school as an alternate option. Please find more information below or contact email@example.com.
Join us for excitement and adventure as we explore the sights and sounds of the changing seasons in the prairie, pond and woodlands. This program is designed to augment virtual learning and give children an opportunity to engage with their peers, in nature, in safe and educational ways.
This drop-off program is appropriate for children in grades K-5.
What you can expect at Nature School:
- Curbside drop-off and pick-up. Drop-off time: 1 to 1:15pm. Pick-up time: 4:00 to 4:15pm. Parents are to stay in their vehicles at all times unless there are tears and their child needs help with the transition. If you need to leave your vehicle to escort your child to their group, a mask is required for all adults that enter the group, so please have one available if needed. ALNC will conduct a Verbal Health Screening upon arrival. Our staff will conduct curbside check-in and check-out during these times only. If you must drop-off or pick-up outside these windows, please contact (608) 221-0404 x0. Thank you for your patience as we navigate this change in policy.
- Each group will be between 8 and 10 children and one staff member. Groups will not co-mingle and assigned ALNC staff will only work with their individual group to reduce as many transitions/contacts as possible.
- Outdoor handwashing stations will be available throughout the ALNC grounds. Children will wash hands upon arrival, in between activities, before and after snacks, and before departing. Staff will carry hand sanitizer to use as appropriate if a handwashing station isn’t nearby.
- Please expect and prepare your child to be outside at all times as long as weather permits. We expect to use inside spaces only in the event of inclement weather (i.e. thunder or lightning) and for bathroom breaks, filling water, etc.
Children should bring:
- Snack (if they have a special dietary need).
- Refillable Water bottle. Drinking fountains will not be used for sanitary reasons, but places to fill water bottles will be available.
- Mask with a baggie to keep in (extra masks are recommended). ALNC is requiring masks be worn inside the building as well as outside. Please prepare your camper for this as well as let them know that staff will also be wearing masks at drop-off and at other times inside and out.
- Comfortable shoes that can get wet.
- Full change of clothes, including layers for all weather and a raincoat as needed.
- Baggie containing: markers and/or crayons and a pencil and/or pen. If you do not have a supply or access to these at home, ALNC can provide an individual baggie for your camper.
- Please discuss physical distancing with your camper before they arrive. ALNC staff will share guidelines at the beginning of camp, but it will be helpful if children are already aware and mindful.
- Please label each item clearly with camper’s name.
Please email our Camps Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have.
Your registration is not completed until payment is received and your payment is non-refundable unless the class is cancelled by ALNC staff. Pre-registration and advanced payment is highly recommended as classes do fill up. For questions or to register by phone, call 608-221-0404 x 1.
Completed medical information is required for all Nature School participants. Medical forms are included during program registration – you may fill them out as you go or log back in to complete. If skipped, you will receive an email reminder from us requesting that you submit information prior to your child’s first program. Please contact the Camp Coordinator (email@example.com) if you have any questions or problems.
Please notify us of any cancellations at least 7 days before the program.
If you inform us:
- At least 2 weeks in advance, we will provide a refund (minus 15% administrative fee) or transfer you to an alternate session.
- At least 1 week in advance, we will issue you a voucher (minus 15% administrative fee) or transfer you to an alternate session.
- Any cancellations or non-attendance after 1 week in advance will result in a full charge of the class fee.