When we are thoughtful about being inclusive in how we engage and educate,
we help students to know that nature is for everyone and is a safe place to learn and explore.
Our Community Access Fund supports initiatives that enable all children and their families to experience the wonders of the natural world. From tuition assistance and Wonder Bugs On the Road to dual-language initiatives and improved access to our hiking trails, your donation to the Community Access Fund engages and educates current and future generations of all backgrounds and abilities, empowering them to respect, protect, and enjoy the natural world.
Together, we can serve more people in our community.
Initiatives the Community Access Fund supports include:
• Wonder Bugs On the Road, our mobile adult and child preschool program that meets at different community centers and schools in the Madison area in partnership with MMSD’s Play & Learn Program
• Tuition Assistance for all nature programs including Summer Camps, Nature School, Vacation Days, Wonder Bugs, and Aldo Leopold Nature Preschool, providing financial support so that all children are able to engage with nature
• Improved access to our hiking trails to ensure visitors of all abilities might be able to access the wonders of the natural world
• Dual-language initiatives to increase access for members of our Spanish-speaking community to our nature-based programming
• And other initiatives such as teacher incentives and our partnerships with community organizations
Your donation supports access initiatives at ALNC, providing environmental education programs for children and families throughout our diverse community.