When we are thoughtful about being inclusive in how we engage and educate,
we help students to know that nature is for everyone and is a safe place to learn and explore.
Our Community Access Fund supports initiatives that allow all children and their families to experience the wonders of the natural world. From Camp Scholarships and Wonder Bugs On the Road to dual-language initiatives and improved access to our hiking trails, your donation to the Community Access Fund engages and educates current and future generations of all backgrounds and abilities, empowering them to respect, protect and enjoy the natural world.
Together, we can serve more people in our community.
Initiatives the Community Access Fund supports include:
• Wonder Bugs On the Road, our mobile parent and child preschool program that meets at different community centers and schools in the Madison area
• Camp Scholarships for Summer Camps and Vacations Days, providing financial support so that all children are able to engage with nature
• Improved access to our hiking trails to ensure visitors of all abilities might be able to access the wonders of the natural world
• Dual-language initiatives to increase access for members of our Spanish-speaking community to our nature-based programming
• And other initiatives such as teacher incentives and our partnership with Badger Rock Middle School
Your donation supports access initiatives at ALNC, providing environmental education programs for children and families who – for whatever reason – are not be able to join.
A donation of:
$10 – Engages families in our community by providing educational supplies for our free indoor Nature Nooks
$20 – Enables preschool-aged children to partake in one hour of Wonder Bugs On the Road, allowing them to experience the natural world in a setting close to their home
$30 – Educates a child with a half day of nature camp, empowering them to reap the numerous benefits that a connection to the natural world provides