Maple Syrup Fest
March 30 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm| Members: $7/person or $25/family Non-members: $8/person or $29/family
Celebrate the spring with Maple Syrup Fest—a family-style festival at the Aldo Leopold Nature Center.
Maple Syrup Fest will feature stations set throughout the nature center grounds to lead visitors, at their own pace, through the history and science of maple syruping and related activities. Visitors will see demonstrations of various methods by which Native Americans, pioneers, and people today tap trees for the production of maple syrup and sugar. It’s a sweet way to start the spring season off right!
- Tap and Taste real MapleTree Sap!
- Test your “Nature Smarts” with Maple Syrup Trivia!
- Increase your Knowledge of Trees with “Build-A-Tree” Game!
- Learn from a Real “Tapper” how Maple Syrup is made Today and the Old-Fashioned Way!
- Tour the Rustic Children’s Shack!
- Take part in Cooking Demonstrations with Early Pioneer Settlers!
- Enjoy Ice Cream Sundaes topped with Pure Maple Syrup!
Proceeds to benefit the Nature Center’s children’s programs. Advance registration is recommended. Pre-registration preferred but walk-ins are welcome!
Note: our Climate Science Exhibits will be open from 10 am to noon on Sunday, March 30th, to accommodate set-up for Maple Syrup Fest.
2014 Event Partners:
2014 Media Partners:
2014 Provider Partners:
Falbo Bros. Pizzeria
Schoep’s Ice Cream Company