- This event has passed.
Family Public Program: Maple Syrup Fest
March 26 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm| Members: $6/person; Non-members: $10/person; Kids 3 and under: Free
Celebrate the spring with Maple Syrup Fest—a family-style festival at the Aldo Leopold Nature Center.
Maple Syrup Fest will feature stations set throughout the nature center grounds to lead visitors, at their own pace, through the history and science of maple syruping and related activities. Visitors will see demonstrations of various methods by which Native Americans, pioneers, and people today tap trees for the production of maple syrup and sugar. We also have maple syrup and maple candies for sale in our Gift Shop…it’s a sweet way to support ALNC and start the spring season off right!
- Taste real Maple Tree Sap!
- Test your “Nature Smarts” with Maple Syrup Trivia!
- Increase your Knowledge of Trees with “Build-A-Tree” Game!
- Learn from a Real “Tapper” how Maple Syrup is made Today and the Old-Fashioned Way!
- Tour the Rustic Children’s Shack!
- Take part in Cooking Demonstrations with Early Pioneer Settlers!
- Enjoy Ice Cream Sundaes topped with Pure Maple Syrup!
Proceeds to benefit the Nature Center’s children’s programs. Pre-registration preferred but walk-ins are welcome!
ALNC members: $6/person
Online registration ends at midnight the night before Maple Syrup Fest.
You may walk-in and register the day of.