Family Public Program: Maple Syrup Fest
March 25 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm| Free
Celebrate the spring with Maple Syrup Fest—a family-style festival at the Aldo Leopold Nature Center!
Come one, come all to our unique and unforgettable celebration of the season! This family-friendly event offers a blend of indoor and outdoor activities found nowhere else in Madison. Stations throughout ALNC grounds will lead visitors, at their own pace, through the history and science of maple syruping and related activities. Visitors will see demonstrations of various methods by which Native Americans, pioneers, and people today tap trees for the production of maple syrup and sugar. Sample maple syrup, maple cream, and enjoy a maple ice cream sundae! It really is a sweet way to kick off spring!
- Taste real Maple Tree Sap!
- Test your “Nature Smarts” with Maple Syrup Trivia!
- Increase your Knowledge of Trees with “Build-A-Tree” Game!
- Learn from a Real “Tapper” how Maple Syrup is made Today and the Old-Fashioned Way!
- Tour the Rustic Children’s Shack!
- Take part in Cooking Demonstrations with Early Pioneer Settlers!
- Enjoy Ice Cream Sundaes topped with Pure Maple Syrup!
This event is FREE and open to the PUBLIC in celebration of membership at ALNC!
Not a member? Join us to see what membership at ALNC is all about!
MEMBERS receive great benefits all year long - CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT MORE!
Please join us if you’re a member or considering membership! Pre-registration recommended; walk-ins welcome!
Please check back…registration opening soon!
Thank you to our 2018 Maple Syrup Fest Partners! If you are interested in partnering with us, please contact Kelley Van Egeren at firstname.lastname@example.org.