- This event has passed.
October — Wild About Weather
October 4, 2014 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
From storms to sunshine, heat waves to natural disasters, weather rules our world. Throughout October, we’ll be wild about weather with ongoing programs, special guests, and activities centered on weather phenomena and climate in Wisconsin and around the globe. Hear from meteorology experts from the UW Department of Oceanic and Atmospheric Sciences, use tools to take your own weather measurements, learn the science behind the cycles, give an on-camera weather forecast, and immerse yourself in our Storms360 Theater. Weather you like it or not, our exhibits this month will blow you away!
This programming is in conjunction with the Wisconsin Science Festival, October 18-19.
- Eyewitness WEATHER – Orientation Theater
- Storms360: Weathering the Storm – Immersion Theater
- FORECAST: Tropical Cyclone – Science on a Sphere
- Weather Report – Kids’ Climate Cast
- Weather in a Tank – Weather System Simulation
- Other weather activities, weather journals, and tools