Are you a State Employee? Do you think environmental education is a worthwhile investment? We do too!!
Now, investing in environmental education is easier than ever! If you are an employee of the State of Wisconsin, you can support your favorite environmental education organizations through the State Employees Combined Campaign (SECC). The campaign allows state employees to give to participating charities of their choice through a direct payroll deduction, cash, check, or credit card. The Wisconsin Environmental Education Foundation is one of twelve umbrella groups in the campaign, and all of its members provide environmental education opportunities throughout Wisconsin (members include: the Aldo Leopold Nature Center, Natural Resources Foundation of Wisconsin, Midwest Renewable Energy Association, Wisconsin Association for Environmental Education, Wisconsin Land and Water Conservation Association, and Wisconsin Wildlife Federation).
Please consider giving to the Aldo Leopold Nature Center via the Wisconsin Environmental Education Foundation umbrella of the State Employees Combined Campaign. The SECC, and workplace giving in general, is one of the most effective and efficient fund-raising tools for non-profits. The campaign has extremely low overhead costs so virtually every penny of your donation goes directly to the charity of your choice—saving them the usual expense of direct mailings and other enrollment techniques.
When you invest in the Aldo Leopold Nature Center your dollars will:
- $10/month provides tuition assistance to cover 10 Wonder Bugs sessions per year for preschool-aged children, giving them their first introductions – with their parents or caregivers – to a safe and natural world
- $25/month provides 20 children, an entire class, with a full-day field trip experience at the Aldo Leopold Nature Center, providing them the opportunity to explore and discover nature with their peers – as well as get outdoors
- $30/month provides one child with a full week of exciting and educational, hands-on summer camp programs, empowering them with the benefits of a connection to the natural world
- $26/year provides valuable nature exploration supplies for our educational programming – nature supplies include: pond nets, binoculars, chemistry kits, and field guides
- $26/year enables preschool-aged children throughout our community, along with their families, to partake in Wonder Bugs On the Road, allowing them to experience the natural world in a setting close to their home eliminating financial, transportation, and even language barriers
The SECC campaign is an easy and meaningful way to invest in environmental education and your local nature center. Thank you for your support of the ALNC and the State Employees Combined Campaign!