- This event has passed.
January in the Exhibits: Corals & Seas
January 2, 2017 @ 9:00 am - January 31, 2017 @ 4:00 pm
Warm up with a trip to the tropics! This month, plunge into Earth’s beautiful blue waters to learn about the nature of our oceans. Discover important underwater ecosystems and the mysterious organisms that live beneath the surface of the sea. Explore ocean food webs, coral science, and how these amazing undersea forests are being affected by climate change and other threats. Dive into our exhibits 7 days a week during January to learn all about Corals & Seas and the relationships between oceans, climate, and life on Earth.
Special Programs and Activities Include:
- Acidifying Oceans on Science on a Sphere uses datasets and a research scientist to tell the story of how humans are affecting the world’s oceans.
- Dive into an Ocean Food Web in our Immersion Theater! Explore a virtual underwater kelp forest to learn about ocean food chains, from the smallest microbes to the largest animals.
- Touch, examine, and learn about the creatures that create beautiful seashells with Shell Sorting in the Nina Leopold Bradley Family Phenology Center.
- Interact with underwater creatures and “swim” on-camera Under the Sea in the Kids’ Climate Cast.
- Learn about ocean ecosystems and rising seas on our Touchscreen Kiosks, and more!