- This event has passed.
Run Wild in the Woods
June 22, 2013 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm| $35 for ALNC members & College Students; $50 for non-members and includes an annual family *membership to ALNC (a $50 value that can be given to anyone of your choice), and $20 for youth age 12-17. Registration on the day of the event is an additional $10.
Run Wild in the Woods Results
1st Overall: Stacie Scrivens – 58.12
2nd Overall: David Riedeman – 58:50
3rd Overall: David Kiefer – 59:45
1st Male: David Riedeman – 58:50
2nd Male: David Kiefer – 59:45
3rd Male: Scott Meske – 78:09
1st Female: Stacie Scrivens – 58.12
2nd Female: Carrie Sedlak – 63:20
3 Female: Ann Emmerich – 78:09
Paul Scrivens – 80:59
Tonya Kapusta – 81:56
Adam Lenarz – 81:77
Ariana Mankerian – 1:47:30
Terri Ellinger – 1:47:30
1st Overall: Johannes Berghan – 41:43
2nd Overall: Renee Herber- 42:07
3rd Overall: Brian Buckner = 45:34
1st Male: Johannes Berghahn – 41:43
2nd Male: Brian Buckner = 45:34
3rd Male: Sean O’Toole – 47:27
1st Female: Renee Herber- 42:07
2nd Female: Marcia Bean – 45:48
3 Female: Rashauna Mead – 46:09
Sean O’Toole – 47:27
Annika Jones – 48:33
Salle Ingle – 49:05
Tyler Slove – 49:23
Laura Berghahn – 51:12
Megan Collins – 52:11
Ann Davis – 52:43
Lester Pines – 54:42
Tamara Packard – 54:42
Heidi Vetter – 87:11
Teri Darby – 87:12
Fiona McNamara – 91:35
Ann-Marie McNamara – 91:35
Come celebrate the Summer Solstice with a 10k Run & 5k Run/Walk at the Aldo Leopold Nature Center’s beautiful Black Earth Campus. Challenge your body with this cross country competition as you stimulate your senses with spectacular scenery in the heart of the Driftless Area.
Tired of running on city streets and need a “nature” fix or just craving the challenge of something new? Enlist your family, friends and colleagues and sign up now—it’s a great opportunity to support children’s environmental education programs and restoration efforts at the nature center while testing your mettle on some beautiful cross county trails and back woods road.
Run Wild in the Woods – 5K
The 5K will be run/walked on trails. The course is hilly and runs primarily through the woods with some challenging segments. Racers will need to run/walk two laps to complete the course. Trail Monitors will direct as needed.
Run Wild in the Woods – 10K
The 10K will be run on the trails and on ¾’s of a mile of Sutcliffe Road. Sutcliffe is a rural road and will be monitored by volunteers. The course is hilly and runs primarily through the woods with some challenging segments. Racers will need to run two laps to complete the course. Trail Monitors will direct as needed.
- $35 for ALNC members
- $50 for non-members and includes an annual family *membership to ALNC
(a $50 value that can be given to anyone of your choice)
- $35 for college students
For ages 12-17:
- $20 for youth age 12-17
Registration on the day of the event is an additional $10.
The registration fee includes:
- The opportunity to “Run Wild” with like-minded nature enthusiasts through the scenic trails of ALNC’s Black Earth Campus
- Pre and post-race massage by a licensed masseuse from Symmetry in Balance
- An ALNC collectible “Run Wild” performance t-shirt (please request on or before 6/8/13 to be guaranteed a t-shirt)
- A chance to win a hand-crafted, one of a kind medal—if you are fast enough!
- Healthy post-race refreshments for all
- A celebratory pint of Esser’s Best craft beer – for adults
An award ceremony will immediately follow the race, honoring the top three runners in male and female categories. The top three runners in male/female categories will also be awarded prizes (gift certificates to The Shoe Box).
- Click here for race course and here for a map of the Sutcliffe portion
- No parking allowed on Sutcliffe Road
- Gates open at 8:30 am
- Check-in for pre-registrants and registration for walk-ins: 8:45 to 9:45 am
- No entrance to race site after 9:45 am
- Both races start at exactly 10:00 am
- No exit from race site until end of race, approximately 11:30 am
* Membership benefits include:
- 12 months of FREE admission for four people to ALNC’s new, fun and educational, interactive exhibits
- 10% discount and advance registration on family programs and summer camps
- Free admission to member-only events, like Fall Fest, ALNC’s autumnal celebration ($50 value)
- Free rental of the year-round Family Trailside Backpack Program
- 10% discount on Gift Shop purchases
- Subscription to the Aldo Leopold Nature Center’s newsletter and e- newsletter
- A cool Aldo Leopold Nature Center window cling
- The satisfaction that you’re helping kids learn to admire, respect and understand the natural world
For more information, please contact Kelley Van Egeren at 608-216-9373 or email@example.com.
Anytime Fitness, Einstein Brother’s Bagels, Esser’s Best, Fired Up Pottery, The Old Feed Mill, RoadID, State Bank of Cross Plains