SUMMER CAMP UPDATE:
NOW OPEN FOR LIMITED WANDERERS CAMPS
Summer camps will operate a bit differently this year. All camps are full day, running from 9am to 4pm, Monday through Thursday. Wanderers camps will not be offered on Fridays and no extended day options are available.
Due to capacity limits, there is limited availability in camps this year. Please contact our Camps Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or (608) 216-9374 for more information on availability.
Additional changes to our policies and procedures in 2020 include:
- Curbside drop-off and pick-up by age group. Drop-off time: 8:45 to 9am. Pick-up time: 3:45 to 4pm. Parents are to stay in their vehicles at all times unless there are tears and the camper needs help with the transition. If you need to leave your vehicle to escort your camper to their group, a mask is required for all adults that enter the group, so please have one available if needed. ALNC will conduct a Verbal Health Screening and temperature reading upon arrival. Our staff will conduct curbside check-in and check-out during these times only. If you must drop-off or pick-up outside these windows, please contact (608) 221-0404 x0.
- Camps will be limited to 50 campers total, with approximately 10 campers per group (will vary slightly depending on age and week, but always within required staffing ratios). Groups will not co-mingle and assigned ALNC staff will only work with their individual group to reduce as many transitions/contacts as possible.
- Outdoor handwashing stations will be available throughout the ALNC grounds. Campers will wash hands upon arrival, in between activities, before and after snacks and meals, and before departing. Staff will carry hand sanitizer to use as appropriate if a handwashing station isn’t nearby.
- Please expect and prepare your camper to be outside at all times as long as weather permits. We expect to use inside spaces only in the event of inclement weather (thunder, lightning, heat in excess of 90 degrees) and for bathroom breaks, filling water, etc.
- ALNC staff will provide spray-on sunscreen (minimum spf 30) and bug spray (both deet-free and 10% deet). We will not apply from individual bottles brought from home this year to reduce contact. 4-6 year olds are not allowed to bring their own sunscreen (SS) and bug spray (BS) as they cannot keep with their belongings. We will not have our staff carry campers’ SS or BS, but will apply the spray-on option provided. Ages 7+ can bring their own SS and BS as long as they can apply themselves and keep with their belongings. ALNC staff will also have spray-on options available. Parents are encouraged to help their children apply SS and BS before arriving to camp each morning. Staff will reapply at lunch and as needed.
Campers should bring:
- Refillable Water bottle. Drinking fountains will not be used for sanitary reasons, but places to fill water bottles will be available.
- Mask with a baggie to keep in (extra masks are recommended). ALNC is requiring masks be worn inside the building as well as recommending them anytime physical distancing cannot be maintained outside. Please prepare your camper for this as well as let them know that staff will also be wearing masks at drop-off and at other times inside and out.
- Comfortable shoes that can get wet.
- Full change of clothes, including layers for all weather and a raincoat as needed.
- Baggie containing: markers and/or crayons and a pencil and/or pen. If you do not have a supply or access to these at home, ALNC can provide an individual baggie for your camper.
- Please discuss physical distancing with your camper before they arrive. ALNC staff will share guidelines at the beginning of camp, but it will be helpful if children are already aware and mindful.
- Please label each item clearly with camper’s name.
Campers should avoid bringing:
- Any small trinkets, toys, etc.
- Anything else easily lost or meant to be shared (pokemon cards, legos, etc).
- Hand sanitizer, SS and BS, if they are under age 7. ALNC staff will have these available and carry them for campers to use. Younger campers cannot have access to hand sanitizer, SS and BS in their bags due to licensing restrictions.
We created a short video to give parents and campers a visual reference of drop-off and pick-up procedures this year:
If you originally signed up for a half day camp or are interested in summer camps, limited space is still available. Please contact our Summer Camp Coordinator at email@example.com or (608) 216-9374 for more information.
PLEASE NOTE: We have a new database. Please follow these instructions when registering.
Need to log back in to see your camps or fill out Medical Forms? Sign in Here.
ALNC Members: Use your discount code to receive a 10% discount. (Don’t have a code, check your email or send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org)
Camps are available in combinations of 1 (F), 4 (M-R) or 5 (M-F) days with half and full day options.
- Full Week (includes Lunch Bunch*): $350 ($280 for Week 3, NO CAMP on Friday, July 3rd)
- Half Day (Monday – Thursday): $125
- Half Day (Friday): $32
- Lunch Bunch: $10/day
- Extended Day (AM): $8/child/day**
- Extended Day (PM): $12/child/day**
*Please send a bag lunch. ALNC provides a morning and afternoon snack.
**Extended Day runs from 8 to 9 am and 4 to 5:30 pm each day. You can drop off and pick up your child anytime within those windows. Activities include free choice of arts and crafts, reading, games and/or additional outdoor time.
Already registered for camp but need to add on Extended Day? Add Extended Day options here.
ALNC members receive a 10% discount to all Summer Camp programs.
Click here to become a member!
Thank you for your membership!
Interested in receiving a Summer Camp Scholarship? Click here for our online application.