Program Information and Fees
- Large Groups (70+) are encouraged to schedule 6 months to 1 year in advance to ensure getting the date you need!
- Most programs fit well into a 90 minute program, but some can be adjusted to allow for longer exploration, additional activities or more in-depth investigation.
- Suggested Program Times: For 90 minute or 2-hour programs, field trips can begin as early as 8:45 am, with the last program ending at 2:15 pm.
- Program Fees*:
- Peak Season (April 1 – November 15): $50 per Environmental Educator (EE)
- Non-Peak Season (November 16 – March 31): $40 per EE
- All teachers, aides, and one parent chaperone per EE are free.
- Additional chaperones are $3 each.
- Combine two programs to make a full day field trip and receive half off your second program!
- Additionally, you may qualify to receive up to $300 in funding towards your field trip through Nature Net’s Nature Express Program.
- Groups are welcome to bring bag lunches and have an outdoor picnic.
- Special requests will be accommodated to the greatest extent possible.
- All programs are held rain or shine! Students and chaperones should dress for the outdoors as appropriate for the season.
- Buildings may be used for a portion of the program and in inclement weather.
- Sit ski available for those with physical disabilities to allow for trail exploration when snow is present.
*Fees subject to change
How to Register
Please provide us with the information listed below:
- Dates Preferred
- Program Time(s) Preferred
- School or Group Name
- Contact Name
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- Total Number of Students
- Grade Level of Students
- Program Choice(s)
- Lunch on Site? Y/N
Before You Come
- Register and provide ALNC with all the needed information above.
- Send payment (Send prior to the program or bring on the day of the program.)
- Call with changes to attendance numbers. Two weeks advance notice is required. (Note: Any changes after this will result in a full charge.)
- Let ALNC know if you would like a Spanish-speaking EE. Two weeks advance notice is required.
- Let ALNC know what current vocabulary and pre-visit preparation information is being covered in class so that they can better tailor the program to meet your needs.
- Provide ALNC with information about students with special needs. See our Program Information and Fees section for adaptive winter equipment.
- Let ALNC know if all the students have the same background information (if more than one class is attending).
Bus Funding and More!
Check out Nature Net’s Nature Express Program, to see if you might be eligible for up to $300 in funding for your field trip.
Parents, Padres, Caregivers, & Chaperones!
Please notify ALNC of any cancellations at least 14 days prior to the start of a program.
If informed at least 30 days before, ALNC will issue a refund to the original payment method for the paid cost of the program minus a 15% administrative fee OR issue a credit to a loyalty account* for the paid cost of the program minus a 15% administrative fee OR move your registration to a different program of equal value. If informed less than 30 days, but at least 14 days before, ALNC will issue a credit to a loyalty account* for the paid cost of the program minus a 15% administrative fee OR move your registration to a different program of equal value.
Any non-attendance or cancellations within 14 days of the start of a program will result in a charge of the FULL class fee – there are no refunds for missed programs.
If ALNC cancels a class for any reason (including COVID-19), you will be given the option of attending a different session at no charge or choosing from one of the following options:
- A FULL REFUND to the original payment method
- A CREDIT to a loyalty account*, good for future programming at ALNC
- A TRANSFER of the paid cost of the program into a donation
If you do not respond with your preference within 14 days of the canceled program, ALNC will issue a credit for the paid cost of the program minus a 15% administrative fee to a loyalty account*.
*The balance in a loyalty account is considered forfeit or abandoned if there are no transactions involving the loyalty account for over 12 months.
Programs are held rain or shine and always include an outdoor component unless there is severe weather. Please come dressed appropriately.