ALNC is leading the way to ensure visitors of all ages and backgrounds have opportunities to connect with nature by offering positive and constructive learning opportunities that capture their interest, engage their senses and teach them to appreciate the interconnectedness of all living things.
We are proud to offer the following:
- After-School Programs Get outside after school! These programs provide space and time for children to burn off energy and explore the outdoors after a long day of learning in the classroom.
- Nature School (Homeschool)Join us to add an environmental component to your child’s homeschool curriculum. Come once or twice a week for three hour sessions each!
- Wonder Bugs Program Wonder Bugs is a year-round nature program specifically designed for children ages 2, 3, and 4 to explore and learn in nature with a parent or guardian.
- Vacation Day Programs Your child has off from school. Now what? Bring them for a day of exciting learning and adventure at one of the following programs offered during winter break, spring break, and other major vacation days for many area school districts!
- Field Trips Learning’s “natural” during hands-on field trips at ALNC! We work with teachers to ensure that outdoor experiences are an integral part of a their classroom curriculum.
- Summer Camps Outdoor adventure and hands-on nature activities encourage children, ages 2-16, to experience the great outdoors throughout the summer. From Backpacking the Ice Age Trail to Muckin’ in the Marsh, there’s something for everyone to enjoy a summer of learning and discovery outdoors!
- Scout Programs Troop badge work, overnights, pre-scheduled programs, and Eagle Scout projects lead scouts to a deeper appreciation of the outdoor world.
- Birthday Parties No kid is too old to celebrate naturally with a cool nature-themed birthday program and party at ALNC.