ALNC is leading the way to ensure visitors of all ages and backgrounds have opportunities to connect with nature by offering positive and constructive learning opportunities that capture their interest, engage their senses and teach them to appreciate the interconnectedness of all living things. Learn about our program offerings – all throughout the year – by reviewing our 2024 Program Table.
Winter & spring registration is open for After-School Nature Club, Baby Bugs, Nature School, and Wonder Bugs.
We are proud to offer the following:
- After-School Nature Club Geared for students in grades K, 1st, or 2nd ready for out-of-school exploration, After-School Nature Club meets from 3:30 to 5 pm on Tuesday and/or Thursday afternoons during the school year.
- Baby Bugs Join us for this program for toddlers, ages 1 to 2! With their caregivers, Baby Bugs will engage in outdoor nature play that includes sensory experiences, songs, and plenty of adventure. Every week will be a unique exploration.
- Birthday Parties No kid is too old to celebrate naturally with a cool nature-themed birthday program and party at ALNC.
- Field Trips Learning’s “natural” during hands-on field trips at ALNC! We work with teachers to ensure that outdoor experiences are an integral part of a their classroom curriculum.
- Nature Beginnings Starting preschool is a big step! This class, recommended for children ages 3 and 4 who have little or no previous preschool experience, aims to bridge the gap between family programs (where the child attends a program with a family member) and traditional preschool (where the child is away from family).
- Nature Preschool Designed for children ages 3 to 5, Aldo Leopold Nature Preschool (ALNP) provides outdoor and indoor environments rich in hands-on materials, literature, and open-ended play time, which encourage wonder, discovery, experimentation, invention, creation, and the opportunity to see the results of one’s actions.
- Nature School (Homeschool)Join us to add an environmental component to your child’s homeschool curriculum. Come once or twice a week… Each class is three hours long!
- OAKS After-School Program Designed for students at Nuestro Mundo and Henderson Elementary Schools, OAKS After-School program runs Monday through Friday, provides transportation from school, and accommodates mid-day and early release days.
- Scout Programs Troop badge work, overnights, pre-scheduled programs, and Eagle Scout projects lead scouts to a deeper appreciation of the outdoor world.
- Summer Camps Outdoor adventure and hands-on nature activities encourage children, ages 2-16, to experience the great outdoors throughout the summer. From Backpacking the Ice Age Trail to Muckin’ in the Marsh, there’s something for everyone to enjoy a summer of learning and discovery outdoors!
- Vacation Day Programs Your child has off from school. Now what? Bring them for a day of exciting learning and adventure at one of the following programs offered during winter break, spring break, and other major vacation days for many area school districts!
- Wonder Bugs Wonder Bugs is a year-round nature program specifically designed for children ages 2, 3, and 4 to explore and learn in nature with a parent or guardian.
Check out these off-site and virtual programs as well!
Looking for our events calendar? Check it out here.