Program Information and Fees
- Large Groups (80+) are encouraged to schedule 6 months to 1 year in advance to ensure getting the date you need!
- Most programs fit well into a 90 minute program, but some can be adjusted to allow for longer exploration, additional activities or more in-depth investigation.
- Standard Program Times: 8:45-10:15 am; 10:45 am-12:15 pm; 12:45-2:15 pm
- Program Fees*:
- Peak Season (April 1 – November 15): $50 per Naturalist
- Non-Peak Season (November 16 – March 31): $40 per Naturalist
- Naturalist-to-Student ratio is 1:10 2nd grade and under;
1:12 for 3rd grade and above.
- All teachers, aides and one parent chaperone per naturalist are free.
- Additional chaperones are $3 each.
- Combine two programs to make a full day field trip and receive half off your second program! Groups are welcome to bring bag lunches and have an outdoor picnic.
- Additionally, if you schedule two programs, you may qualify to receive a bus reimbursement for up to $80 per bus through Nature Net’s Nature Express program.
- Add on a self-guided exploration of our new interactive exhibits on climate, energy and the environment to your visit! We recommend allowing approximately 1 hour before or after your scheduled program for this option. Additional fee of $2/student applies. Please let our Program Coordinator know if you are interested in this option when booking your field trip.
- Special requests will be accommodated to the greatest extent possible.
- All programs are held rain or shine!
- Students and chaperones should be dressed for the outdoors as appropriate for the season.
- Buildings may be used for a portion of the program and in inclement weather.
- Overnight program options are available at our Black Earth Campus.
- Service Learning Components can often be added upon request.
- Sit ski available for those with physical disabilities to allow for trail exploration when snow is present.
*Fees subject to change
How to Register
CALL (608) 216-9370 • EMAIL email@example.com
Please Provide us with the information listed below:
- Dates you prefer
- Program Time you prefer
- School or Group Name
- Contact Name
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- Total Number of Students
- Grade Level of Students
- Program Choice(s)
- Monona or Black Earth Campus
Before You Come Checklist:
- Register and provide ALNC with all the needed information above.
- Send payment (Send prior to the program or bring on the day of the program.)
- Call with changes to attendance numbers or cancellations – requires two weeks notice. (Note: Any changes after this will result in a full charge.)
- Let ALNC know if you would like a Spanish-speaking naturalist. Two weeks advance notice is required.
- Let ALNC know what current vocabulary and pre-visit preparation information is being covered in class so that they can better tailor the program to meet your needs.
- Provide ALNC with information about students with special needs. See our Program Information and Fees section for adaptive winter equipment.
- Let ALNC know if all the students have the same background information (if more than one class is attending).
- Check out Nature Net’s Nature Express Program to see if you might be eligible for bus funding.
Check out Nature Net’s Nature Express Program, to see if you might be eligible for Bus Funding (follow link for more information and an application).