Programs at YOUR SITE
$60 per 35-45 minute presentation (30 youth maximum per presentation).
$0.54 per mile for programs more than 5 miles round-trip from ALNC.
*Fees subject to change
- Animal Tracks Students will learn how to “read” tracks and trails and make a track field guide to keep. A hike for animal signs is included in the outdoor program.
- Creepy Critters Students will learn amazing facts about the adaptations of some of Wisconsin’s “creepiest” critters. Sing songs and learn hands-on all about spiders, snakes, bats, and worms. Get over the creeps while discovering the many ways these creatures are important to our ecosystems. Live specimens may accompany this program, as available.
- The Lorax Children will “become” Swomee Swans, Brown Bar-ba-loots and Humming Fish as they enjoy this interactive reading of Dr. Seuss’s classic tale.
- Marsha Muskrat Receive a special visit from our walking and talking “Marsha Muskrat,” who will explain how her special adaptations allow her to survive and thrive in her wetland home.
- The Mitten Enjoy an interactive reading of animals in winter, followed by seeing and touching study mounts and animal skins.
- Native Americans Take a trip back in time to see how Native Americans lived long ago. A hands-on timeline will demonstrate what foods and tools they depended on and how they changed over time.
- Skins and Skulls Students will examine study mounts, skins and skulls of some common Wisconsin mammals while learning about the special adaptations of predators and prey.
- Wintering in the Woods Students will learn where woodland animals go when the snow flies as they see study mounts up close. A hike for animal signs is included in the outdoor program.
Don’t see a topic that fits your needs? Just call us with your suggestion and we will work with you to create a presentation that fits what you are looking for.
To schedule a program, please contact our Program Coordinator at (608)-221-0404 x 1 or firstname.lastname@example.org.