- This event has passed.
April 2017: Earth Month at ALNC
Celebrate Earth Day and all things green and growing this month at the Aldo Leopold Nature Center! Spring is full of new life and a great time to learn about our amazing planet and all of the plants, animals, systems, and cycles that make up the world we call home. Drop in during our public hours (9am-4pm M-F and 10am-2pm S&S) all month long to enjoy our grounds, exhibits, theaters, displays, and self-guided activities. Together, you and your family can discover how our planet works, explore its beauty, and think about all the things we can do to protect it. Happy Earth Day!
This month’s special features and activities (free or included in admission):
- Explore our world in our Immersion Theater – get under the soil, climb inside a tree, travel the globe, dive into the ocean, and more!
- Watch a special Science on a Sphere feature, The Human Era: A World of Changes, highlighting the dramatic changes to our land, oceans and atmosphere from human activity over the last 200 years – along with humanity’s great potential to meet those challenges.
- Explore our interactive digital building tour and use our Green Building Scavenger Hunt to walk our facility and grounds to see how we are committed to being green indoors and out by conserving energy and resources to live lightly on the Earth year-round – and learn what you can do at home!
- Learn about seasonal changes and spring appearances with self-guided family activities: track species in our Phenology Garden, identify native wildflowers on our grounds, visit seedlings in our greenhouse, and check out a Family Trailside Backpack to explore the freshly sprouting ecosystems on our grounds!
- Bike to ALNC! You can find bike route information for Monona and Madison – plus some Madison biking tips and an Aldo Leopold Day in Madison Bike Tour from bikeabout.com! Save $1 off admission with your Bicycle Benefits sticker! Support ALNC and Bicycle Benefits by purchasing your helmet stickers to save money on ALNC admission and other great benefits around Madison, Monona, and beyond!
The Aldo Leopold Nature Center would like to thank ATC and DuPont for supporting our monthly exhibit themes. Don’t forget — themes change monthly, so there is always something new to discover!