ALNC is leading the way to ensure visitors of all ages and backgrounds have opportunities to connect with nature by offering positive and constructive learning opportunities that capture their interest, engage their senses and teach them to appreciate the interconnectedness of all living things.
For hours, weather cancellation policies, and additional visitor information, please click here.
We are proud to offer the following:
- Adult & Teacher Workshops - Whether you want to learn a new outdoor skill or brush up on teaching techniques, ALNC offers a wide variety of both adult and teacher workshops. (Adult group visits are welcome too! Click here for group rates and information.)
- School Field Trips - Learning’s a “natural” during hands-on field trips at ALNC! We work with teachers to ensure that outdoor experiences are an integral part of a their classroom curriculum. (Click here for adult and college group rates and options.)
- Wonder Bugs Preschool Program- Wonder Bugs is a year-round nature program specifically designed for children ages 2-5 to explore and learn in nature with a parent or guardian.
- Vacation Day Programs- Your child has off from school. Now what? Bring them for a day of exciting learning and adventure at one of the following programs offered during winter break, spring break, and other major vacation days for many area school districts!
- Homeschool Program- Come join us and let us add an environmental education component to your homeschool curriculum!
- Scout Programs - Troop badge work, overnights, pre-scheduled programs, and Eagle Scout projects lead scouts to a deeper appreciation of the outdoor world.
- Off-Site Presentations - For school groups, daycare centers, and more who are unable to visit ALNC, our naturalists deliver hands-on nature programs at your site!
- Family Public Programs & Special Events- Leopold Discovery Day, Maple Syrup Fest, Fall Fest and Pipers in the Prairie offer exciting nature-oriented fun for the entire family.
- Birthday Parties – No kid is too old to celebrate naturally with a cool nature-themed birthday program and party at ALNC.
- Summer Nature Camps - Outdoor adventure and hands-on nature activities encourage children, ages 2-16, to experience the great outdoors throughout the summer. From Backpacking the Ice Age Trail to Adventures with Laura Ingalls to Muckin’ in the Marsh and Overnight Family camps, there’s something for everyone to enjoy a summer of learning and discovery outdoors!