ALNC’s mission is to provide innovative hands-on programs for children and teachers that “…teach the student to see the land, to understand what he sees, and enjoy what he understands” in the spirit of Aldo Leopold.
Building on ALNC’s award-winning hands-on outdoor education programs, we are pleased to now offer new and expanded programs connecting science, technology, society and the natural world. Enhanced by state-of-the-art multi-media experiences, these new programs create exciting learning experiences for all ages.
- Daycare and PreSchool Programs The educational programs at ALNC are focused on “learning by doing” and are tailored to fit your group’s special interests and needs.
- Field Trips for K to 2 grade, 3 to 5 grade, 6 to 8 grade & 9 to 12 grade students – Learning is ‘natural’ during our naturalist-led programs.
- Home School - Come join us and let us help add an environmental education component to your homeschool curriculum. Classes are offered weekly.
- After-School Programs – Educational and adventurous programs for elementary and middle school students challenge youth with outdoor exploration and activities.
- At-School Presentations - For classes unable to visit ALNC, our naturalists deliver hands-on nature programs at schools.
- Adult & Teacher Workshops - Whether you want to learn a new outdoor skill or brush up on teaching techniques, ALNC offers a wide variety of both adult and teacher workshops.